Porque eu amo o natal / Why I love Christmas


Natal - minha época do ano favorita! Muitos me questionam porque, já que a maioria prefere Halloween (não que eu não goste de Halloween. É minha segunda data favorita). Então hoje, no dia de natal, irei explicar porque amo tanto esse feriado!
Christmas - my favorite time of the year! Many ask me why, as most like Halloween better (not as I don't like Halloween. It's my second favorite day). So today, at Christmas day, I'll explain why I love this holiday so much!

DECORAÇÃO E LUZES /
DECORATIONS AND LIGHTS



As ruas ficam completamente enfeitadas por luzes e a casa fica mais feliz e colorida. É uma sensação prazerosa montar a árvore, acender as luzes e esperar pelo grande dia. É a melhor época para ir ao shopping, porque tudo está simplesmente lindo!
Streets be completely decorated by lights and home feels happier and colorful. It's a pleasurable sensation to decorate the tree, light it up and wait for the big day. This is the season to go to the mall because everything is looking amazing!

FILMES / MOVIES


Eu AMO filmes de natal! Meu favorito é obviamente O Estranho Mundo de Jack, porque é uma fusão entre Halloween e natal (e porque amo Tim Burton). Melhores datas! Eu também amo Sobrevivendo Ao Natal e Elf, são ótimos filmes de comédia natalina na minha opinião. E ah, quem não adora os curtas festivos da Disney?
I LOVE Christmas movies! My favorite is obviously The Nightmare Before Christmas, because it's a fusion between Halloween and Christmas (and because I love Tim Burton). Best holidays! I also love Surviving Christmas and Elf, those are great Christmas comedy movies in my opinion. And oh, who doesn't love the festive Disney short movies?

MÚSICAS! / SONGS!


Eu serei eternamente apaixonada por canções de natal. Ambas tradicionais e pops, como All I Want For Christmas Is You (a versão de Glee dessa música é a melhor na minha opinião!). Eu tenho um monte no meu iPod.
I'll be forever in love with Christmas songs. Both traditional and pop ones, such as All I Want For Christmas Is You (the Glee version of this song is the best one in my opinion!). I have a bunch on my iPod. 

COMIDA, COMIDA, COMIDA! /
FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!


Desde que não tenha uva passa (adoro uva passa, mas no arroz não), comida é a melhor coisa sobre natal! Peru, docinhos, bolo, nozes... Yummy!
Food is the best thing about Christmas! Turkey, candies, cake, nuts... Yummy!

FAMÍLIA / FAMILY


Talvez não seja bom para todo mundo, mas muitos de nós adoramos reencontrar a família! É muito bom ver primos que amamos depois de meses, experimentar a comida da vovó e poder saber como todos estão.
It might not be great for everyone, but many of us love to meet with the family! It's very good to see cousins we love after months, try Grandma's food and know how everyone's doing.

OS PRESENTES DEBAIXO DA ÁRVORE! /
THE PRESENTS UNDERNEATH THE TREE!


Essa é com certeza a parte favorita de todo mundo! Ás vezes ganhamos meias, ás vezes ganhamos um celular. Não importa, ganhar presente é sempre bom!
This one is for sure everyone's favorite part! Sometimes we get socks, sometimes we get a phone. It doesn't matter, presents are always good!

Agora, fiquem com esse vídeo da linda Judy Garland cantando "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas":
Now, check out this video of the beautiful Judy Garland singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas":


Eu espero que seu natal esteja sendo tão bom quanto o meu! Aproveite as festas! Coma muito! Beijinhos sabor peppermint!
I hope your Christmas is being as good as mine! Enjoy the holidays! Eat a lot! Peppermint kisses!

Comments

Em alta

Desmistificando o Tabu by Dana (1932)

Existe pinup rockabilly, mas pinup e rockabilly são coisas diferentes

A diferença entre os anos 50 e 60 / The difference between the 50's and the 60's